Dart: Learning Path & Resources.
Prerequisites for Learning Dart:
Step-By-Step Learning Path For DART :
- Learn the basics of programming: If you are new to programming, start by learning the basics of programming like data types, variables, control structures, functions, and classes. You can learn these concepts in any programming language, including Dart. Here are some resources to get started:
- Introduction to Programming Concepts: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/introduction-to-programming-concepts/
- Programming Fundamentals – A Modular Structured Approach using C++: https://www.coursera.org/learn/c-plus-plus-a
- Introduction to Programming in Java: https://www.coursera.org/learn/java-programming-basics
- Install and set up the Dart SDK: Download and install the Dart SDK from the official website of Dart. Once installed, set up the development environment and configure the PATH variable to run the Dart compiler from the command line. Here’s the URL to download and install the Dart SDK:
- Dart SDK: https://dart.dev/get-dart
- Learn the syntax and basic features of Dart: Learn the syntax and basic features of Dart like variables, functions, control structures, and classes. You can use the official Dart documentation and tutorials to get started:
- Learn how to write object-oriented programs in Dart: Dart is an object-oriented language, so it’s important to learn how to write object-oriented programs in Dart. Learn about inheritance, polymorphism, and encapsulation in Dart. Here are some resources to get started:
- Object-Oriented Programming in Dart: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/dart_programming/dart_programming_object_oriented_programming.htm
- Object-Oriented Programming in Dart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YJv3z6xk-0
- Learn about asynchronous programming in Dart: Dart supports asynchronous programming through the use of futures and async/await syntax. Learn how to write asynchronous code in Dart to improve the performance of your programs. Here are some resources to get started:
- Asynchronous Programming: Futures and Async/Await: https://dart.dev/codelabs/async-await
- Dart Asynchronous Programming: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/dart_programming/dart_programming_asynchronous_programming.htm
- Learn about Flutter and mobile app development with Dart: Flutter is a popular mobile app development framework that uses Dart as its programming language. Learn how to develop mobile apps using Flutter and Dart. Here are some resources to get started:
- Flutter Documentation: https://flutter.dev/docs
- Flutter & Dart – The Complete Flutter App Development Course: https://www.udemy.com/course/flutter-dart-the-complete-flutter-app-development-course/
- Learn about web app development with Dart: Dart can also be used to develop web apps using frameworks like AngularDart and Aqueduct. Learn how to develop web apps using Dart. Here are some resources to get started:
Top Learning Resources For DART:
- Official Dart Documentation – https://dart.dev/guides
- Dart Programming Language Tutorial – https://www.tutorialspoint.com/dart_programming/index.htm
- Dart Academy – https://dart.academy/
- Dart on Codecademy – https://www.codecademy.com/learn/learn-dart
- Dart for Absolute Beginners – https://app.pluralsight.com/library/courses/dart-absolute-beginners/table-of-contents
- Effective Dart – https://dart.dev/guides/language/effective-dart
- Flutter Tutorial for Beginners – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLSG_Wh_YWc
- DartPad – https://dartpad.dev/
- Dart Programming Language Courses on Udemy – https://www.udemy.com/topic/dart-programming-language/
- Dart Language Cheat Sheet – https://dart.dev/codelabs/dart-cheatsheet
- Dart Tips – https://dart.dev/guides/language/effective-dart/tips
- Dart by Example – https://dartbyexample.com/
- Dart API Documentation – https://api.dart.dev/stable/2.8.4/index.html
- Dart Language Tour – https://dart.dev/guides/language/language-tour
- Learn Dart Programming – https://www.learn-dart-programming.com/
- Dart Tutorials on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dart+tutorial
- Dart for Web Developers – https://app.pluralsight.com/library/courses/dart-web-developers/table-of-contents
- Dart DevTools – https://dart.dev/tools/dart-devtools
- Dart Code – https://dartcode.org/
- Flutter & Dart – The Complete Developer Course – https://www.udemy.com/course/flutter-dart-the-complete-flutter-app-development-course/
What To Learn After DART:
After learning Dart, you can expand your knowledge by learning other programming languages like Java, Python, or C++. Learning web development frameworks like React or Vue.js can also be beneficial, especially if you plan to build web applications. Additionally, learning about databases, server-side programming and DevOps can also be helpful for building scalable and robust applications.
Advantages Of DART:
- Fast and Efficient: Dart is designed to be fast and efficient, with a just-in-time (JIT) compiler that can optimize code on the fly. This makes it ideal for building high-performance applications, especially those that require real-time data processing or heavy computational tasks.
- Easy to Learn: Dart is a relatively easy language to learn, especially if you have some prior experience with programming. Its syntax is clear and concise, and its features are well-organized and easy to understand. This makes it a popular choice for beginners and experienced developers alike.
- Suitable for Web and Mobile Development: Dart is a versatile language that can be used for both web and mobile app development. It has a number of frameworks and libraries that make it easy to build complex applications for different platforms, including Flutter for mobile app development and AngularDart for web app development.
- Strongly Typed: Dart is a strongly typed language, which means that it enforces strict rules for data types and variable assignments. This can help prevent errors and make code more reliable and easier to maintain in the long run.
- Open Source: Dart is an open-source language, which means that it is freely available to anyone who wants to use it. This makes it a popular choice for developers who want to build applications without having to pay for expensive licensing fees.
Disadvantages Of DART:
- Limited Ecosystem: The ecosystem around Dart is still relatively small, especially compared to other languages like Java or Python. This means that there may be fewer libraries and frameworks available for developers to use.
- Limited Compatibility with Existing Code: Dart is not fully compatible with other programming languages, which can make it difficult to integrate with existing codebases or libraries. This can be a barrier to adoption for some developers.
- Requires a Learning Curve: While Dart is relatively easy to learn compared to other languages, it still requires some effort to become proficient. Developers who are new to Dart may need to spend some time learning the syntax and best practices before they can start building applications.
- Less Mature than Other Languages: Dart is still a relatively young language, and it may not have all the features and capabilities of more mature languages. This can make it less suitable for certain types of applications, especially those that require more advanced functionality or integration with other systems.